Thursday, January 22, 2015

Coincidence: 正好

正好 (zhènghǎo) can be used as an adjective or adverb to help express a coincidence, and it could be related to size, volume, quantity, degree, time, etc. This is similar to how we say in English “the temperature of the coffee was just right" or something like that.

Noun. + 正好(as a adjective)

  • 这双鞋大小正好。The size of this pair of shoes is just right. 
  • 这首歌的音量大小正好。The volume of the song was just right.
正好 + V. (as a adverb)
  • 刚才我去图书馆,正好看见他。I went to the library just now, and I saw him coincidentally. 
  • 我今早出门的时候正好下雨。I was going out the door just as it started to rain.
  • 现在正好12点。It's 12 o'clock right now.
V. + 得 + 正好 (as a adverb)
  • 这件西服做得正好,不大也不小。The suit is made just right, not too big and not too small. 
  • 米饭煮得正好,不软也不硬。The rice was made perfectly, not too soft and not too hard.
Please write sentences by using the given words:
1. 这道菜    正好      得     做     也    不咸      不淡 (This dish was cooked well, not too salty and not too light.)

2. 我   的时候     正好      他       在    也     到学校     (When I got to school, he was just there as well.)

3. 这件   的     颜色    大衣      正好    也     不深     不浅 (The color of this coat is just right, not too dark and not to light.)

4. 我   到家   正好    的时候     八点 (When I got home, it just 8.00.)

5. 我    的时候   正好    下班   赶上   一班车    最后  (When I knock off work, I was just in time to catch the last bus.)

6. 答案   相反   正好  (The answer is exactly the opposite.)

7. 这个    正好     帽子    我戴着  (This hat fits me nicely. )



No comments:

Post a Comment