Wednesday, March 4, 2015

"过 guo" -- Part. 2 : Using The Experiential Aspectual Particle 过 (guo) with 了 (le)

We talked about how to use 过 (guo) to indicate that an action has been experienced in the past. Actually,  过 (guo) is usually used with 了 (le). A typical pattern is Verb + 过 + 了. This pattern is often used for very everyday behaviors. It's used for actions like "eating" and "brushing one's teeth" and "taking a shower." For example,
  • 我吃I have eaten (already).
  • 我读I have read (already).
you could have inserted an object between 过 and 了 and the pattern is Verb + 过 + Object + 了 to show that the action has already occurred, so it doesn't need to be done again. For example,
  • 我吃午饭I have eaten lunch (already).
  • 我读这本书I have read this book (already).
过 (guo) and 了 (le) work together to create a feeling or emphasize that an action is already done. To emphasize the idea of already done even further, you could add the word for "already," 已经 (yǐjīng), before the verbs. For example,
  • 已经吃过午饭I have eaten lunch already.
  • 已经这本书I have read this book already.
Please translate the following sentences:
1) Mom: Have you brushed your teeth?
    Son: Yes, I have already brushed my teeth.
2) He has already had a shower .
3) I have done my homework.
4) I have watched this movie.
5) His mother has already bought him an iPhone.
6) I have already sent him an email.
7) She have already sent me a Wechat message.
8) I have already called him,

Reference:
http://resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/Using_%22guo%22_with_%22le%22

No comments:

Post a Comment