Monday, March 30, 2015

不记得vs忘了

不记得 means "can not remember something"  and 忘了 means "forgot something". Their objects could be information and facts. For example, 
  • 不记得我的密码儿。 I can not remember my passcode. (不记得+noun+了)
  • 我的密码忘了。(把+noun+忘了)
  • 不记得他的名字
  • 他的名字忘了
However, you can add objects, to do something , or a sentences after 我忘了. Also, you can use 忘了 in the negative sentence.For example, 

  • 我到学校才发现我把我的书包忘在家了。I did not realize I left my schoolbag at home. (忘了 means forget to take something.)(把+noun+忘 + place +了)
  • 我忘了喂兔子。(忘了+do something)
  • 我忘了你今天晚上有会。I forgot you have a meeting tonight.(忘了+do something)
  • 我忘不了你对我的帮助。I can not forget your help to me. (忘不了 + something)
  • 别忘了吃药。Don't forget to take the medicine. (别忘了+ something)

Practices: Please fill in the blanks by using不记得 or 忘了.
1. 糟糕!我把我的电脑______学校了。
2. 我______他家的地址(dìzhǐ)了。
3. 我把他的生日______了。
4. 你到家的时候,别______给我打个电话。
5. 糟糕,我______了锁门 (suǒ mén)。
6. 我______不了你跟我说的这个事情。
7. 别______了关灯。
8. 我______了这个汉字怎么写。
9. 我______这个字了。
10. 对不起,我______了你今天晚上要用这本字典(zìdiǎn)。

Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment